CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813-3077
COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE AND TECHNOLOGY
Carol Fukunaga, Chair
Andria Tupola, Vice Chair
Brandon J.C. Elefante
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 2021
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND TESTIMONY
Pursuant to the Twenty-First Proclamation issued by Governor David Ige on June 7, 2021, relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to allow public participation in a manner consistent with social distancing practices the following procedures are in effect for the meeting:
VIEWING THE MEETING AND RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
Members of the public will not be allowed into the meeting room, but may view the meeting on a live broadcast. The meeting will be viewable: (1) by internet live streaming through www.honolulucitycouncil.com and (2) by televised live broadcast on Olelo TV Channel 54.
After the meeting, the meeting will be viewable on demand at http://www.honolulucitycouncil.tv/. Copies of older meeting videos may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768-5822; charges may apply.
Some Councilmembers and presenters may be participating in the meeting by interactive conference technology from remote locations.
Oral testimony will be permitted on all items on the agenda, subject to the following restrictions:
1. Persons may submit oral testimony remotely through the Webex video conferencing platform. To participate, persons should visit www.webex.com, click “Join,” enter meeting number 146 568 9746 and complete the registration process. Registrants will receive an email that contains links and information on joining the meeting by either phone or video conference. Webex testifiers are strongly encouraged to register at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting. Remote testimony will be taken at the start of the agenda and then closed.
2. Each speaker is limited to one‑minute presentation.
Written testimony may be faxed to 768-3827 or transmitted via the internet at http://www.honolulu.gov/ccl-testimony-form.html for distribution at the meeting. If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, email address and phone number, will be available to the public on both the City’s Council’s pilot website: www.honolulucitycouncil.com as well as the City’s legacy DocuShare Website. Written testimony will not be accepted in person at the meeting.
Should you have any questions, please call 768-3817 or send an email to email@example.com.
* * * * * *
MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION
Meeting materials (“board packet” under HRS Section 92-7.5) are accessible at https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/browse/agendas by clicking on the appropriate Committee meeting.
Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities. Please call 768‑3817 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three working days prior to the meeting.
1. RESOLUTION 21-134 – TASK FORCE ON NORTH ROAD MANAGEMENT. Urging the City Administration to establish a task force on North Road management.
M-0389(21) Testimony on Resolution 21-134 for 06/29/21 Special PIT Meeting.
M-0408(21) Testimony on Resolution 21-134 for 07/07/21 Council Meeting.
2. BILL 2 (2021) – AMENDING PUBLIC WORKS INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIREMENTS. Amending Chapter 14 of the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, as amended, relating to the Public Works Infrastructure Requirements including fees and services by amending Articles 1 and 5 relating to public sewers. (Transmitted by Communication D-55; Bill passed first reading 2/17/21)
PROPOSED CD1 TO BILL 2 (2021) (Submitted by Councilmember Fukunaga) – The CD1 (OCS2021-0568/6/8/2021 9:12 AM) makes the following amendments:
A. Adds a new SECTION 3 defining "pass-through" rather than "pass through," to conform to the use of "pass-through" (with a hyphen) throughout the article. Renumbers subsequent SECTIONS accordingly.
B. Makes miscellaneous and technical nonsubstantive amendments, including amendments to comport the bill with recommended drafting style.
MM-130(21) MAYOR BLANGIARDI - Approved bills. CCM
D-0055(21) ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES - Draft Bill relating to amend Chapter 14 of the ROH.
D-0411(21) ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES - Presentation on Bill 2 for 06/29/21 PIT Meeting.
D-0486(21) ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES - Bill 2 - Amending Public Works Infrastructure Requirements. CCM
3. “CHALLENGES INVOLVING CONDO FIRE SAFETY”: UPDATE AND BRIEFING
CC-258(21) FUKUNAGA - Informational briefing presentation for the 06/29/21 Special PIT Meeting.
CC-259(21) FUKUNAGA - Informational briefing presentation for the 06/29/21 Special PIT Meeting.
Sam Dannaway – Coffman Engineers, Richard Emery – Community Association
Institute (CAI), Hawaii Chapter, Ted Sakai – Punchbowl Condominium Owner, Sue Savio – Insurance Associates, Jane Sugimura – Hawaii Council of Community Associations.
CAROL FUKUNAGA, Chair
Committee on Public Infrastructure